Sandra Poczobut– Classroom Music, Band, Chorus, and Drama Club. Sandra holds a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Music Education from the University of Maine. She began teaching in St. Johnsbury, 1998-1999, and at SMSM from 2001-2007. After taking time off from teaching to raise three children (all current students at our school) she returned to SMSM in January 2018. Sandra has years of experience performing with local music groups including Mad River Chorale and Brookfield Community Chorus and has appeared in several productions with the Barre Players and Unadilla Theater. Sandra and her husband Michael also provide the music for the 4:15 Mass on Saturdays at St. Monica Church. Sandra feels privileged to be part of the SMSM family.
Contact Info- firstname.lastname@example.org
Music, Band, and Choral Singing
Our music curriculum aims to provide all students with a high-quality music education that engages and inspires them to develop a life-long love of music, increases their self-confidence, creativity, and imagination, and provides opportunities for self-expression and a sense of personal achievement. We offer opportunities for students to develop their talents in all aspects of music, including composition, singing, instruments, and appreciation.
- That student will develop an ability to listen to and appreciate a wide variety of music, including different styles, periods, and cultures.
- That student will have opportunities to explore and express ideas and feelings about music in a variety of ways.
- We will encourage active involvement in creating and developing musical ideas using voice and instruments.
- We will nurture a sense of group identity and togetherness through composing, rehearsing, and performing music with others to an audience.
- We will help students develop self-discipline, creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, and fulfillment through music.
- We will develop students’ awareness and understanding of music from a variety of styles, periods, and cultures.
- We will enable all students to access and develop an enjoyment of music that will sustain them throughout their lives.